The Wailea and Makena real estate market is entering an interesting period for buyers and sellers as visitors are returning to the Valley Isle under the States’ pre-travel testing program. Now is a great time to take a deep dive into the numbers. Across the Wailea and Makena Resort, there are 12 gated neighborhoods + a number of custom homes sitting on their own private lots that do not fall within a specific neighborhood.
In total, from January 2017 to September 2020, 125 properties have exchanged hands for a total sales volume of $496 million. While some neighborhoods experienced double-digit turnover, others saw little to no homes sold.
The statistics provided are over a 3.75 year period from January 2017 to September 2020.
Highest Producing Neighborhood by Volume
No surprise here! Makena Estates regularly break the 8 figure barrier. However, there are occasional gems that come to market that stand out for their value and coveted Makena location. Our listing at 6699 Makena Road is the perfect example!
- Makena: $162,977,649
- Wailea Golf Estates: $42,885,500
- Wailea Pualani: $42,607,000
- Wailea Kialoa: $35,923,500
- Wailea Highlands: $31,900,000
Most Expensive Neighborhood
Calculated on an average basis over the 3.75 year period
- Black Sand Beach: $13,000,000
- Keauhou at Makena: $10,700,000
- Makena Place: $9,450,000
- Makena: $9,054,314
- One Palauea Bay: $7,237,500
- Maluhia at Wailea: $7,283,629
- Wailea Highlands: $6,380,000
- Wailea Golf Estates: $3,298,885
- Wailea Fairway Estates: $2,098,750
- Wailea Pualani Estates: $1,852,478
Best Neighborhood Value in Terms of Price/Sqft.
- Wailea Kai: $605/sqft.
- Wailea Fairway Estates: $635/sqft.
- Wailea Pualani: $639/sqft.
- Wailea Kialoa: $643/sqft.
- Wailea Golf Vistas: $920/sqft.
Most In Demand Neighborhood
Longest Days on Market
Shortest Days on Market
- Makena Place: 70
- Wailea Kai: 115
- Wailea Fairway Estates: 117
- Keauhou at Makena: 159
- Wailea Pualani Estates: 189
Ho’olei villas, we are also currently the in house “Sayles” team at Ho’olei Grand Wailea
Please interview me to be your trusted Maui Real Estate and Lifestyle Advisor. I was born in South Maui and raised on the island, and spend a considerable amount of time to inform my clients about the best deals currently on the market. Please do not hesitate to call me for your Maui real estate needs. I am more than happy to assist you in your home search.
Anthony Sayles R(S)