Sayles Team Favorite Spring Activities
Although March 2020 is lacking hosted events by local organizations, it leaves more time to get out and explore what Maui has to offer!
Whether it’s traversing across Maui’s many microclimates or diving into local favorites at Maui’s best restaurants, the start of spring is a great time to visit Maui!
Check out how the Sayles Team spends a full day across Maui’s three most popular regions.
- The Perfect South Maui Day: Maui’s premier visitor destination.
- A Day on Maui’s Tallest Mountain: A step back in time to untouched Maui.
- West Side Vibes: See how Maui’s other resort destination does it.
- Maui Climate Zones: Learn how Maui’s weather will vary by region.
If there is one thing that the Sayles Team can unanimously agree on, it’s that we all love our food!
- Your Maui Culinary Guide: This is a selection of the Sayles Team’s Best Picks!
- Must Try Hawaii Foods: Hawaii is a melting pot of cultures from all over the world!
Celebrate Girl’s Day or Hinamatsuri (Girl’s Day Festival) with brunch and Girl’s day themed activities! Brunch includes local favorites like Char Siu Glazed Pork Loin, Roasted Shoyu Chicken Thighs, Wok-Fried Mahi Mahi, Kim Chee Fried Rice, and made-to-order Saimin. For the kids, enjoy kimono dress-up and photo taking, and Japanese crafts. Reservations are required: call 667-0124 or visit www.TikiTerraceRestaurant.com. When: Sunday, March 8th, from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Cost: Adults: $50, Children (6 to 12yrs.): $28, Children (5 and under): FREE with paying adult. Where: Kaanapali Beach Hotel.
In the month of March, the shops at Wailea will be hosting not one but two free concerts for their “Concerts at the Shops” series.
- The Shops at Wailea welcomes back internationally acclaimed slack key guitarist Makana to Concerts at The Shops, with a performance on Wednesday, March 18th, from 5:30-7pm.
- The Shops at Wailea welcomes back Maui’s own Gina Martinelli to Jazz at The Shops on Wednesday, March 4th. The multi-talented vocalist will be joined by keyboardist Jerry Kovarsky for the free live performance, which will take place in the upper level luxury wing at The Shops at Wailea from 5:30 to 7:00pm.
The Arts & Culture
Stop by the Maui Nui Botanical Gardens for insights into Traditional Coconut Weaving with Maui Grown 808. Guests will learn from cultural practitioners, Uʻi Kahue and Mario Siatris, about the history of coconut weaving and then will be able to try their hand at working with lau niu (coconut leaves). Guests will weave a lei poʻo (head lei), peʻahi (fan), and a hanging ʻumeke (basket). Cost: $65, or $40 for current garden members. Email email@example.com for reservations. When: Saturday, March 21st from 2:00pm to 4:30pm.
Contact a Maui Real Estate Specialist
Awesome picture of Maui from upcountry, courtesy of our friend Dom Marino
Please consider me to be your trusted Maui real estate and lifestyle adviser. I was born and raised on the island, and spend a considerable amount of time to inform my clients about the best deals currently on the market. Don’t hesitate to call me for your any of your Maui real estate needs as I would be honored to assist you in your home search.
Anthony Sayles R(S)