Recognized widely as one of Maui County’s favorite celebration, the 97th Annual Maui County Fair is a timeless tradition that brings together the Maui community. Attracting locals and visitors, its 4 fun nights of an alcohol-free, smoke-free and drug-free family-oriented educational event that features an array of local food, first-rate entertainment, E.K. Fernandez Joy Zone, plus horticulture, bonsai, livestock, homemaking, photo and art exhibits and competitions. Find unique and innovative products and services in the “Maui Fair Products & Services” Tent and visit the Events Arena where our exceptionally talented community groups showcase their skills. Where: War Memorial Complex. When: It is always jammed packed and is spread out over four warm October days.
- Thursday, 10/3: 5:00pm to 11:00pm
- Friday, 10/4: 5:00pm to midnight
- Saturday, 10/5: 10:00am to midnight
- Sunday, 10/6: 10:00am to 11:00pm
In its 10th year, the annual Ridge to Reef Rendezvous is a fun that event promises fun for all ages! Kicking off the day with a catch and release keiki fishing tournament (**note check in and start time is at 8 am), then tour the “haunted reef” just in time for Halloween! This event also features fabulous prizes for entering the scavenger hunt and fishing competition. Where: Kahekili Beach Park in Kāʻanapali (65 Kai Ala Dr, Lahaina, HI 96761). When: Saturday, October 26 from 9:00am to 12:00pm.
Join the annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s on Maui and help us raise crucial funds for the community. Registration begins at 7 a.m. followed by entertainment and a 3 mile walk through Keopuolani Park. Followed by a big giveaway! One person there will have the chance to win 2 Round Trip Tickets from Alaska Airlines!!! Start a team or register as an individual and help us support our beautiful kupuna on Maui! The Walk raises money for the Alzheimer’s Association Aloha Chapter to contribute to their free classes and support services. When: Saturday, October 26th from 7:00am to 10:00am. Where: Boys & Girls Club in Kahului. To register or to find out more go to www.alz.org/hawaii
Spend a fun afternoon at the Garden Party with friends and family on the grounds of the coveted Yokouchi Family Estate in Wailuku, while enjoying fine cuisine provided by top Maui restaurants and wines specially selected for this event. Support a great cause with unique silent and live auction items including original art created by well-known Maui artists at the event. All proceeds will go towards Maui kids the chance to take dance and drama classes by supporting MAPA’s Scholarship Fund. When: Sunday, October 6th from 1:00pm to 5:00pm. Cost: $85. Where: Yokouchi Family Estate, 2471 W Main St. Wailuku, HI USA 96793
Arts & Culture
Take a family day trip or make a camping weekend out of it and check out the Hana Festivals of Aloha Parade & Celebration! To celebrate the 2019 Festivals of Aloha festivities, Hana’s Royal Court will open the parade with floral floats, vintage cars, custom motorcycles, and a marching band. To continue the festivities, actives include the announcement of coveted community awards, live entertainment, Hawaiian crafts and many varieties of local dishes will be on show throughout. Full week schedule of events below:
- Oct 19 – “Ho’olaule’a” at Hana Ball Park (10am to 9pm) Parade (11am-1pm) Entertainment (1pm-5pm) Arts & Crafts (10am to 4pm) Food vendors (all day) Sports Night (5pm to 9pm)
- Oct 20 – “Ohana Beach Day” at Hana Bay (7am-3pm) Fishing Contest (7am-12pm) Play Day (1pm-3pm) Food vendors (all day) Sports Night at Hana Ball Park (5pm-9pm)
- Oct 21 –Floral & Lei Contest at Kahanu Garden (10am-2pm) Makahiki (Time of Celebration) at Hana Ball Park (10am-3pm) Teen Night at Hana Youth Center (6pm-9pm)
- Oct 22 –Kupuna Luncheon at Traavasa Hotel (11am-2pm) Makahiki (Time of Celebration) at Hana Ball Park (10am-3pm) Hana Tropical Farms (10am-4pm) Alumni Karaoke at Hana Ball Park (6pm-9pm)
- Oct 23 –“Talent Show” Makahiki (Time of Celebration) at Hana Ball Park (10am-3pm) “Talent Show” Hosted by Hana Arts at Hana Ball Park (5pm-9pm)
- Oct 24 – “Movie Night” Hosted by Hana Youth Center & Ohana Makamae – Preshow: Entertainment (5:30pm-6:30pm); Movie begins at dusk
- Oct 25 – “Aloha Friday” at Hana Bay (5pm-9pm) Entertainment; Ulu, Poke and Pohole Contest
- Oct 26 – “Hana Rodeo” at Hana Ranch (9am-3pm); “Festivals of Aloha Hana Ho’ike” at Hana Bay (5pm-10pm) A special evening of nahenahe music and taste the island cuisines (Gates open at 4pm Tickets for the Ho’ike can be purchased at Hasegawa General Store
Once a year, Lahaina town’s transforms into Maui’s Best Halloween celebration and is the ultimate Halloween Party on Front Street. Ranging from fun filled family-friendly activities, live music, and unique displays of ghosts, ghouls, and much more, you will never know how your night will turn out! The night begins on Front Street with the Annual Keiki Halloween Costume Parade and then continues into one big block party. Please enjoy your Halloween safely! When: Saturday, October 20th, 2018 from 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm. Where: Front Street, Lahaina.
SPECIAL TIME! Bloody hilarious!, is a live musical incorporating all the elements of the cult classic films for one crazy, funny, and bloody theater experiences! There are bad jokes, dismembered limbs and lots and lots of blood! All for the sake of this wild, campy cult musical! You don’t have to be a fan of Evil Dead to love this awesome production!Adult humor & language 18+. When: Thursday, October 31; two showing times: 7:00pm and 10:00pm. Where: ProArts Playhouse in Kihei. Cost: $40 Splash Zone (1st 2 rows) $30 General Admission Reserved Seating
Contact A Maui Real Estate Specialist
Please interview me to be your trusted Maui Real Estate and Lifestyle Advisor. I was born and raised on the island, and spend a considerable amount of time to inform my clients about the best deals currently on the market. Please do not hesitate to call me for your Maui real estate needs. I am more than happy to assist you in your home search.
Anthony Sayles R(S)