This year is the 12th Annual Maui County Ag Festival and is aimed at celebrating Maui’s agricultural industry by raising awareness about Maui’s agriculture and the issues surrounding the industry. Hosted by Maui County Farm Bureau (MCFB) in partnership with County of Maui’s Office of Economic Development, the festival is meant to bring together a collection of people surrounding Maui’s agricultural community by supporting the collective good that agriculture brings to the Maui economy, lifestyle, and environment. When: Saturday, June 1st from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Cost: FREE Admission, $5 Parking. Where: War Memorial Complex in Wailuku.
Queen Kaahumanu Center (QKC) will celebrate summer with its Hot Summer Vibes! program for the months of June, July and August. The Program consists of three activity components:
- Game-me-up!-Giant chess, checkers, tic-tac-toe and card games will be set in Center Court for all ages to enjoy.
- Beach-Ball-Bingo!-free bingo games with great prizes hosted by master of ceremonies from Blue Zones Project and Maui Minyo Kai alternating weekly.
- New this year is Aloha Fridays at the QKC Food Court, every Friday from 11:30am to 1pm featuring Maui’s own Nā Hōkū Hanohano Award Winner, Halemanu.
Support World Oceans Day with the Pacific Whale Foundation and advocate for a healthy ocean with a shoreline and reef cleanup, a free citizen science micro plastic sampling cruise, keiki art contest, treasure hunt and much more! The celebration will spread across a full with a variety of ways to support their cause. When: Monday, June 3 to Friday, June 8th. Event locations will vary throughout at the following:
- June 3rd from 5:30pm to 8:00pm: Movie Night at Paia Bay Coffee
- June 8th from 8:30am to 12:30pm: Free ocean cruise. RSVP to (808)-201-4014
- June 8th 9:00am to 11:00am: Shoreline clean up at Kamaole Beach Park III, Kahului Harbor, and Paia Bay.
- June 8th from 4:00pm to 7:00pm: Party For Ocean
See a complete list of events at: https://www.pacificwhale.org/events/
Adults Night Out
The 38th Annual Kapalua Wine and Food Festival is one of Hawaii’s premier events and draws crowds from the mainland and aborad. Hosted as an unforgettable weekend at the world renowned Kapalua Resort, the event is the longest running food and wine event in the USA! Held annually, this foodie festival in Kapalua gathers all for the first great summer event of the year and will surely be packed on all 3 days. When: Thursday, June 6th to Sunday, June 9th from 12:00pm – 10:00pm. Cost: $1250 for 4 day pass; $100 – $250 for 1 day passes. Where: Across the Kapalua Resort.
The festival is scheduled for Friday, June 6th to Saturday, June 9th. A brief schedule of events includes:
- Friday, June 7th
- Regional Focus: Sta. Rita Hills AVA Wine Seminar & Tasting
- La Bella Italia Wine Seminar & Tasting
- Grand Tasting – Kapalua Style
- Saturday, June 8th Saturday, June 8th
- Regional Focus: Petaluma Gap AVA Wine Seminar & Tasting
- Cooking Demonstration with Celebrity Chef Mark Tarbell
- Varietal Focus: Grenache with Panache Wine Seminar & Tasting
- Sunday, June 9th
- Sunday Champagne Brunch at Brennan’s
- Varietal Focus: California Cabernet Sauvignon Wine Seminar & Tasting
- Historical Focus: “Wine World of Sports” Wine Seminar & Tasting
- Seafood Festival
See a complete list: https://kapaluawineandfoodfestival.com/events-schedule/
Arts & Culture
28th Annual Ki Ho’alu Guitar Festival is one of Hawaii’s best slack key guitar festivals and is a free afternoon of free Hawaiian music! Offered in an informal style concert, everyone is encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs, blankets, or mats. Definitely a family friendly event, the festival is perfect for all ages and is nice relaxing day of celebrating the Hawaiian culture. Not only will there be the slack key performances, but also arts & crafts, food trucks for lunch, and desserts by local vendors. When: Sunday, June 23rd starting at 1:00pm. Where: A&B Amphitheater at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center.
Maui Film Festival at Wailea is coming from June 12th to June 16 and is back for it’s special 20th annual movie extravaganza. The festival comes together to celebrate films and filmmakers from around the world who inspire us, take us on an exploration of the human mind through the art of cinema, and bring cultural, fantasy and adventure to Wailea. There are sometimes even special guest appearances by the actors and actresses who have their movie playing! It is best to check out their website for the full details: https://www.mauifilmfestival.com/
Contact A Maui Real Estate Specialist
Please interview me to be your trusted Maui Real Estate and Lifestyle Advisor. I was born and raised on the island, and spend a considerable amount of time to inform my clients about the best deals currently on the market. Please do not hesitate to call me for your Maui real estate needs. I am more than happy to assist you in your home search.
Anthony Sayles R(S)