March 2019 Real Estate Performance
According to statistics released by the Realtors Association of Maui, condos saw a strong performance in March with sales and median prices both seeing increases compared to the same time last year. On the other hand, single family home sales dipped while the median price increased by 5%.
To be specific, the median price of a single-family home in March increased by 4.8% from the same time last year to $712,718 (up from $680,000). The number of homes sold declined by 5 to 96 vs the 101 homes sold in March of las year.
Condo sales shot up by 21.3% to 154 units sold, compared to the 127 units sold in March 2018. The median price of a condo on Maui also jumped by 13% to $508,500 in March, from $450,000 last year.
Q1 2019 Maui Sold Stats
Q1 Maui Residential Sales
- Number of homes sold: 238, down from 286 sold in 2018
- Average sold price: $1,001,879, down from $1,126,740 in 2018
- Median sold price: $735,000, up from $682,467
- Highest priced home sold: $9 million,
- Lowest priced home sold: $120,500
- Total sold inventory: $238,447,342
Q1 Maui Condo Sales
- Number of condos sold: 404, up from 372 sold in 2018
- Average sold price: $693,256, down from $696,204 in 2018
- Median sold price: $525,000, up from $476,250 in 2018
- Highest priced condo sold: $5.4 million, down from $6.1 million in 2018
- Lowest priced condo sold: $66,6000, down from $79,500, in 2018
- Total sold inventory: $280,075,679, up from $258,988,182 in 2018
Contact a South Maui Real Estate Specialist
Please consider me to be your trusted Maui real estate and lifestyle adviser. I was born and raised on the island, and spend a considerable amount of time to inform my clients about the best deals currently on the market. Don’t hesitate to call me for your any of your Maui real estate needs as I would be honored to assist you in your home search.
Anthony Sayles R(S)