Fall Maui Kamaole Listings
As the newest listing to market, Maui Kamole I-211 is a lofted 2nd floor unit with a neat little loft space above the kitchen that adds a special feel to the unit. With an open concept layout and close to 20 foot vaulted ceilings, the condo feels large than its 1052 sqft interior on paper. Offering more than 1 lanai, Maui Kamaole offers the ideal blend of indoor/outdoor living with plenty of room to accommodate both. From the main lanai off of the living room, there is a slight ocean view and gentle ocean breezes. Although the unit can be rented on a short term basis, the sellers to enjoy the unit personal and it has not been rented in the last 12 years.
Designed in a Hawaiian style theme and meticulously maintained, the unit is waiting for its new owners to make it home. The master bedroom which is the lofted space with enough room to enjoy a sitting area and large closet. The second bedroom serves as a TV room but is convertible to a guest room with a Custom Murphy Bed. Interestingly and I’ve seen it done before, some sellers/buyers have turned one of the closets in the 2nd bedroom into a small office.
Listed at $869,900
Maui Kamaole L210 is an interesting unit because it is owner occupied and has not been used as a short term vacation rental unit in some time. Priced very attractively, the seller anticipates the unit to move quickly and asks that buyers take possession 60 days after close of escrow. Located in the bak of the unit, it is conveniently located close to the to the pool and community tennis courts.
The sellers have actually chosen to enclose the loft area to maximize privacy, so a little of the open concept is lost but the vaulted ceilings remain intact to create a spacious feeling. This is an end unit and the bonus windows in the upstairs bedroom and living room make this a bright unit and allows for more air flow through the upstairs bedroom.
Listed at an even $700,000
Maui Kamaole Market Update 2018
The Maui Kamaole market has seen an impressive year with more than $15 million in running sales volume and an average of more than 2 units sold/month which is impressive considering prices have only been increasing in 2018 and that most buyers here are not Hawaii residents. The community is popular among buyers because of its prime location across from Maui Kamaole Beach III and the complex’s ability to be rented out as a short rental. The rental income is a strong selling point for buyers because they can rent the unit out while it is not in use.
Buyers have been quick to move on units in 2018, just under 50% of the units sold found buyers within 3 months of coming to market. In addition, only 1 of the 23 units sold needed longer than 1 year to find a buyer. While the 1st half of the year got off to a strong start, its the latter half of 2018 that has been carrying most of the sales; 61% of all sales in 2018 have come in June or later.
Looking at the sales data, it is clear why buyers favor Maui Kamaole. YTD, 11 units have been sold in the $500k range while only 2 units were sold in the $900k price point. The next most popular price point is the $700k range where it saw 4 units sold. Each of the $600k and $800k price points saw 3 units sold. Buyers should expect to pay around $550-$850/sqft.
If you want a deeper dive into the data, check out our Maui Kamaole Sold Data.
- Number of Maui Kamaole condos sold: 23
- Average sold price: $673,302
- Highest priced listing sold: $985,000
- Lowest priced unit sold: $500,000
- Number of units in escrow: 2
The Maui Kamaole market currently has 9 listings for sale worth just over $6.6 million in inventory. 33% of the listings have come to market within the last month while the remaining 67% have been for sale for less than 1 year. The market is split evenly for the most part between 1 and 2 bedroom units with only 2 listings being under 1000 sqft.
As far as price point, the listings are dispersed among all of the price points from $500k-$800k. Although, buyer should keep their eye on units priced in the $500k range as those move the fastest; while on the upper end, 3 are listed in the $800k price point. Buyers should expect to pay around $650-$850/sqft.
If at this time you still do not see a property that you like, you can stay up to date with our Maui Kamaole new email listing alert.
- Number of Maui Kamaole condos for sale: 9
- Average asking price: $737,699
- Highest priced listing: $899,000
- Lowest priced unit for sale: $534,900
Contact a Maui Real Estate and Lifestyle Specialist
Please interview me to be your trusted Maui Real Estate and Lifestyle Advisor. I was born and raised on the island, and spend a considerable amount of time to inform my clients about the best deals currently on the market. Please do not hesitate to call me for your Maui real estate needs. I am more than happy to assist you in your home search.
Aloha,Anthony Sayles R(S) 808-280-6532 Anthony@DanoSayles.com