Our newest listing to market, 1560 Halama Street is coveted beachfront lot in the prestigious Kihei area of Halama Street. Regarded as some of Kihei’s best beachfront homes, the Halama Street area offers convenient access to pristine waters and a rather private beach for lounging. Sitting not even 50 feet from the shoreline, this epic offering is situated on the water’s edgew ith a 1950’s vibe that exudes character throughout. A timeless Hawaii Beach House and Ohana located on a 17,000 square foot lot, this is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity, and priced to sell.
The main house is the closest to the beach with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and just under 1300 sqft. The outdoor living area just off of the back of the house is perfect catching the famous South Maui sunsets and is the quintessential area for bbq with friends and family. At the front of the property right off of Halama Street is a cottage that can accommodate any guests or be rented out long term.
Listed at $2,695,000
When you set foot on the property, you will immediately be transported to Old Hawaii. A unique feeling that you must experience in person to truly appreciate the splendor. This large and useable lot is the perfect foundation to begin anew. You can clear the palette, or retain the existing structures for restoration or remodeling. The choice is yours!
The sunsets and whale watching from the property are unparalleled. Nearby are all of Kihei’s many amenities, including first-class restaurants, shopping, tennis facilities at Kalama Park, and miles of white sandy beaches and ocean recreation. Property to be sold “AS IS”.
Halama Street Kihei Homes Market Update 2018
With 4 homes sold through 7.5 months, just under $13.5 million has been done in running sales volume with 2 more homes in escrow. Home values in the Halama Kihei area will vary based on the lot size, whether oceanfront or not, if they have been upgraded through years, and a variety of other variables that are unique to each property. Considering Halama Street prices are not cheap, 4 homes sold so far in 2018 is very respectable with the potential for a few more deals to get done this year. Lot sizes in the area are quite sizable, the smallest lot size sold this year was just over 9000 sqft, while the largest lot was just about 1/2 an acre.
Sold prices have been across the board this year, with 50% of the transactions being on the lower end and 50% being on the higher end. Two deals were completed for around the $1.5 million price point, while there has been 1 each in the $4 and $6 million range. With the wide discrepancies in sold prices, price/sqft will vary widely as well. Value buyers can pick up a property for as low as $500/sqft, while on the upper end a buyer can pay as much as $2000/sqft.
- Number of Halama Street Homes For Sale: 4
- Average sold price: $3,367,250
- Highest priced home sold: $5,850,000
- Lowest priced home sold: $1,150,000
- Number of homes in escrow: 2
With 5 listings for sale, our listing above is the lowest priced unit. At this point in the year, I would classify the Halama Street market as being loaded with middle to upper end listings as there are no listings priced under $2.5 million. 80% of the listings have come to market within the last year, where the other 20% has been listed for less than 6 months.
At this point, there is 1 listing in each of the $2, $3, and $4 million price points with 2 priced in the $5 million range. All of the properties for sale are very sizable with 1/4 of an acre being the smallest lot available.
Halama Street will always be a coveted neighborhood to get into and is among some of the finest beachfront real estate on Maui.
If you don’t see anything you like, stay up to date with our Halama Street new home listing alert
- Number of Halama Street Homes For Sale: 5
- Average asking price: $4,343,000
- Highest priced home for sale: $5,675,000
- Lowest priced home for sale: $2,695,000
Contact South Maui Real Estate Specialist
Please interview me to be your trusted Maui Real Estate and Lifestyle Advisor. I was born and raised on the island, and spend a considerable amount of time to inform my clients about the best deals currently on the market. Please do not hesitate to call me for your Maui real estate needs. I am more than happy to assist you in your home search.
Enjoy amazing swims at the Ho’olei condos for sale
We are also on-site real estate team at the Ho’olei villas, we are open from 9AM-5PM daily, so feel free to stop by anytime. Also, see a full list of Wailea condos for sale and Makena condos for sale.
Aloha,Anthony Sayles R(S) Anthony@Danosayles.com 808-280-6532