Maui: Nothing But the Best
Via a list complied by WalletHub, a personal finance website based out of Washington DC, released their list of “Best Beach Towns to Live In.”
Lahaina at #1 and Kihei at #8 were both ranked in the top 10 for the best towns located by the ocean.
Awesome shot of Front Street, Lahaina by our friend Dom Marino
WalletHub’s criteria composed of 205 cities across the United States and measure 58 key performance indicators of stand of living which included things like: housing costs, median annual property taxes, share of for-sale waterfront homes, weather, number of disasters and flood risk level. It also took into consideration family oriented measures like lifeguards per capita and the quality of the public school system.
The list was split into two sections — towns located by the ocean and towns by lakes.
Other Hawaii beach towns that made the list are Kailua at #77, Kapolei at #82, and Hilo at #153.
As South Maui’s best beach town, Kihei is caters to the beach lifestyle with plenty of sandy beaches for lounging around and long strolls on the beach. It also home to the longest stretch of beach on Maui and can be found at the Sugar Beach Resort.
Sitting on the southwestern shore of Maui, it is sometimes described as Maui’s desert because this area is by far the sunniest and driest on the island. The crystal-clear views and pearl blue waters are the reason so many are drawn to his part of Maui. The Sayles Team is ready to show you why Kihei charms everyone that comes near it.
Awesome aerial shot of Kihei
A vibrant community that also provides you with some of the best in dining, shopping, and entertainment only makes Kihei even harder to resist. As a resident here, you’ll have access to local shopping malls, sports bars, and there’s even a fun nightlife to take part in. Come have the time of your life in paradise.
Kihei’s Must Do’s:
- Ono grinds at Cafe O’lei: The Kihei location on the South Side has recently become my first choice lunch spot IF their special for the day is still available. I always call in to make sure that they’re still serving it.
- South Maui’s Best Beaches: The Sayles Team selects some of top choices for swimming, relaxing, and spending time with the family
- Maui Brewing headquarters: If you have never had a Maui Brewing beer, you got to get down here and select from their at least 15 different types of beer on tap
- More ideas for some great Kihei Fun
Lahaina: Hawaii Kingdom’s Original Capital
Sitting on the western coast of Maui, Lahaina can be only be accessed via two lane highway that directly borders the ocean and is easily one of the most scenic drives on the island besides the Road to Hana. During the winter months, traffic backs up as many try and catch any glimpse of the whales.
Lahaina’s roots in Hawaii history go as far back as the late 1700’s and was actually preferred by King Kamehameha III where he established a royal palace. Not many know that Lahaina was actually the capital of the Kingdom of Hawaii from 1820-1845.
To call Lahaina a “hotspot” would be a gross understatement. This is the second most visited area on the entire island of Maui behind only the beaches themselves. As more and more visitors fall in love and become home buyers, the community thrives more and more. Over 18,000 residents now call Lahaina home and enjoy every bit of its fine dining, shopping, and entertainment.
Lahaina’s Must Do’s:
- Sayles Team picks West Maui’s best beaches
- Lahaina Grill: A bit on the pricier side, but a true fine dining experience worth the price
- Experience the Culture: Maui Lu’aus: A true Hawaii tradition and glimpse into how the native Hawaiians used an imu (Hawaiian underground oven) to make some of their most famous dishes
Contact a Maui Real Estate and Lifestyle Specialist
Please interview me to be your trusted Maui Real Estate and Lifestyle Advisor. I was born and raised on the island, and spend a considerable amount of time to inform my clients about the best deals currently on the market. Please do not hesitate to call me for your Maui real estate needs. I am more than happy to assist you in your home search.
Aloha,Anthony Sayles R(S) 808-280-6532 Anthony@DanoSayles.com