Queen Ka’ahumanu Center, in partnership with Sears and in honor of Father’s Day, announces their “Daddy & Me Grill-O-Gram” contest! Through June 1 to 17, 2018, QKC and Sears are offering an instagram contest to win a free Sears Grill! Contestants MUST post their favorite grilling photo with Dad on Instagram, tag @QKCMaui and hashtag #PlayQKC. You are allowed to enter as many times as you would like, but must post a different image. The grand prize best photo winner will be announced via Instagram on Father’s Day at 10am. Toni Rojas, QKC Marketing Director states, “There’s nothing like gifting a great grill for Dad on Father’s Day. We can’t wait to see all the great Daddy & Me images in celebration of this special day!”
Come on down to Rock & Brews in Paia and support Maui’s keiki at the Books on Tap fundraiser for a fun night of food, drink, books, and prizes! Rock & Brews will donate 15% of the night’s proceeds to support the 6,000 Book Trust students in Hawaii. The Book Trust’s essential mission is aimed at educating Maui’s next generation where the primarily focus on helping elementary school children with little or no access to books fall in love with reading and become lifelong learners. When: Tuesday, June 5th from 5:30pm – 8:30pm. Where: Rock & Brews in Paia on Hana Highway.
Celebrate World Oceans Day with the Pacific Whale Foundation and support their 2018 theme of 2018 theme of ‘encouraging solutions to plastic pollution and preventing marine litter’. With a diverse set of ways to help including: a cleanup effort, contributions as a citizen scientist, propose solutions through art, self education and discussions around single-use plastic pollution. When: Friday June 8th. Event locations will vary throughout at the following:
- Clean-up stations at Kealia Pond and Kahului Harbor from 7am-11am, with free clean-up kits to use onsite or at a location of your choosing.
- Snorkel clean ups led by the Maui Ocean Center team at the Kealia Pond station from 7:30:8:30am. Bring your own snorkel gear, a rash guard and cutting tool such as scissors or a dive knife for this activity.
- FREE World Oceans Day citizen science cruise! Participants will conduct a microplastic tow on the way to the snorkel site where they will clean-up reef rubbish. Call 800-942-5311 to RSVP as space is limited.
- All World Oceans Day participants will receive great discounts on food and beverage at Seascape Restaurant in Ma’alaea on the evening of World Oceans Day (Friday, June 8).
Adults Night Out
The Kapalua Wine and Food Festival is one of Hawaii’s premier events and draws crowds from all over the world. Hosted as an unforgettable weekend at the world renowned Kapalua Resort, the event is the longest running food and wine event in the USA! Held annually, this foodie festival in Kapalua gathers all for the first great summer event of the year and will surely be packed on all 3 days. When: Thursday, June 7th to Sunday, June 10th from 12:00pm – 10:00pm. Cost: $100 – $210. Where: Kapalua Resort.
The festival is scheduled for Friday, June 8th to Saturday, June 10th. A brief schedule of events includes:
- Friday, June 8th
- 7:00am-Festival Golf Tournament
- 12:30pm-Santa Maria Wine Tasting
- 3:00pm-New World Cabernet Franc Wine Tasting
- 6:00pm-Grand Tasting Wine Party
- Saturday, June 9th
- 11:00am-France, Italy, and Hungary Wine Tasting
- 1:00pm Nancy Silverton & Nancy Oakes Cooking Demo
- 3:30pm-Scions of Family Wineries
- Sunday, June 10th
- 11:00am-Champagne and Caviar Pairings
- 1:00pm-Huber Keller Cooking Demo
- 3:30pm-“World Famous” Pinot Noir Wine Seminar & Tasting
- 6:00pm-Seafood Festival
See a complete list: https://kapaluawineandfoodfestival.com/events-schedule/
Arts & Culture
27th Annual Ki Ho’alu Guitar Festival is one of Hawaii’s best slack key guitar festivals and is a free afternoon of free Hawaiian music! Offered in an informal style concert, everyone is encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs, blankets, or mats. Definitely a family friendly event, the festival is perfect for all ages and is nice relaxing day of celebrating the Hawaiian culture. Not only will their be the slack key peformances, but also arts & crafts, food trucks for lunch, and desserts by local vendors. When: Sunday, June 24th from 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm/Gates at 12:30 pm. Where: A&B Amphitheater at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center.
The Obon Festivals held every year during this time are a great way to spend a Friday night. The location changes every Friday and Saturday as each temple on the island takes a turn hosting the bon dance. At every temple there will be dancing and a variety of asian dishes that changes at every temple as well. The festivals are a Japanese tradition and in celebration of ancestors that have passed on. While this is a Buddhist tradition, all are welcome to attend and participate the dancing! The Festivals are usually held from around 6:00pm to 10:00pm. June’s schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, June 2: Lahaina Shingon
- Saturday: June 9: Puunene Nichiren
- Friday: June 15: Wailuku Jodo
- Saturday, June 16: Wailiku Shingon
- Friday & Saturday, June 22-23: Kahului Jodo
Contact A Maui Real Estate Specialist
Please interview me to be your trusted Maui Real Estate and Lifestyle Advisor. I was born and raised on the island, and spend a considerable amount of time to inform my clients about the best deals currently on the market. Please do not hesitate to call me for your Maui real estate needs. I am more than happy to assist you in your home search.
Aloha,Anthony Sayles R(S) Anthony@Danosayles.com 808-280-6532