Brought to the market in the early week of August, 292 Akaula Way is a fantastic property with ocean views across South Maui to the outer islands of Lanai, Kahoolawe, and Molokini. The home commands more than 23,000 square feet of land, so the property has plenty of room to spread out and enjoy the privacy of Wailea Highlands. Another benefit of the location is the elevation the community sits at because it takes advantage of its perch as the highest elevated community in the Wailea Resort.
The main living area flows impeccably from the living room and dining area through to the kitchen and then to the master suite. The raised infinity pool seamlessly connects the outdoor living space to the vast Pacific Ocean. From the polished marble and travertine flooring, granite counters and plaster walls, to the African mahogany cabinets, doors, and trims, the elaborate finishes will impress even the most discerning buyers.
Cooking in the Chefs kitchen will be a delight with a Sub-Zero Commercial fridge, Viking professional appliances, dual dishwashers, beverage cooler and ice maker. Heading downstairs you will be pleased to find a large living room complete with fridge, wet bar and plenty of room for the whole family. The spacious en-suite guest rooms are well appointed and are perfect for visiting family or friends.
Wailea Highlands Market Update
So far in 2016, three Wailea Highlands homes for sale have sold for a running sales volume of $18,000,000. The Wailea Highlands market is averaging a sold price of an even $6 million. The three homes closed at:
- $8.9 million: Sitting on 1 acre of highly desirable Wailea real estate, it was its first time on the market; the home sits on the 12th fairway of the Old Wailea Blue Golf Course as the lanai views are a major selling point of the property.
- $5.3 million: Specifically created for Wailea’s indoor/outdoor living, the residence has sweeping ocean views, grand spaces surrounded by gracious, oversized lanais, a stunning full-length infinity pool, and lush tropical landscaping, creating one’s own private sanctuary.
- $3.8 million: After a quick 3 week cash escrow, the sale represents a fantastic sale for the buyers as it is extremely rare to get into the Wailea Highlands neighborhood for anything under $4M.
Magical sunset views from the Wailea Highlands
In 2015, only one home sold for $5.7 million; the sellers at the time picked up the unit as an REO in 2014 and flipped it after a year with a nice return on their investment. It fronted the 12th fairway of the Wailea Blue Course, it was a 4,225 sqft, single level, 3 bed, 5.5 bath, with panoramic ocean, outer island & sunset views.
- Number of homes for sale: 3
- Average asking price: $7,065,000
- Highest priced listing: $8,200,00
- Lowest priced listing: $6,495,000
Contact a South Maui Real Estate Specialist
Please consider me to be your trusted Maui real estate and lifestyle adviser. I was born and raised on the island, and spend a considerable amount of time to inform my clients about the best deals currently on the market. Don’t hesitate to call me for your any of your Maui real estate needs as I would be honored to assist you in your home search.
Aloha,Anthony Sayles R(S) 808-280-6532 Anthony@DanoSayles.com